I have some news! This is the first edition of what I am calling The Cat’s Meow: A Collection of Things to Purr Over. I really enjoyed the last two times I shared lists of little treasures that are making me happy, so I decided to make a regular feature out these posts from now on. So here is a little glimpse of what is inspiring me in February:
1. These diy Valentine’s Day cake stands make such a delightful tablescape! I would love to create a little dessert bar someday.
2. I am dying to make this simple + sweet chain collar necklace
3. I highly recommend reading The Styling Dutchman’s post: Feminism as Extremism; here is one part I loved:
“I’m here to raise awareness, to make you think about your position in life. Next time feminism comes up in a conversation, I urge you to keep things simple. Tell them that yes, you are a feminist, and ask your detractors why they are against equal opportunity for every individual, regardless of the contents of their underpants. More broadly: please, don’t be afraid to fight for your beliefs, to educate yourself, to think. Our ancestors fought hard to give us those opportunities. And don’t forget: we are ancestors to be, and our decisions have consequences.”
4. Speaking of feminism, I am dying to read the book Wheels of Change: How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom (with a Few Flat Tires Along the Way):
5. Speaking of bikes, I can’t even explain how happy this photo from Bike Fancy makes me!
I have a really hard time staying chic in the cold and when that’s coupled with biking then I just end up feeling like a hot mess (which I don’t really mind, but apparently being a fashion consultant comes with certain expectations!). Luckily this winter has been extremely mild, but since I am working on improving my style in general, learning to be as cute is this girl (is that even possible?) would be pretty handy.
6. Speaking of fashion, I am obsessed with wedges lately! I’m not personally ready for some of the more extreme ones out there, but I can really appreciate a timeless wedge done right. For me: clean lines, classic details, and versatility come first, like so:
7. And lastly . . . my blog’s facelift! I wasn’t happy with the previous changes, so I tried again. I have been a bit preoccupied with my job recently because I got a promotion (yay!) so I haven’t been able to document as many things as I want. Also, I maybe misplaced my camera for a while there…
So rather than working on content, I have been working behind the scenes on the appearance of my blog— new header, color scheme, background, and sidebar! If you are not familiar with the old layout, you can see it here. I really think these changes were much needed. Now I can’t wait to keep posting and sharing little peaks into my life.
What’s inspiring you lately?